Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring 2017 Wishlist




Happy spring everyone! 

It has been quite the long winter, hasn’t it? Between the stress of settling into my new apartment and being in and out of therapy, the cold weather this year has really brought me down.

That’s why I am happy to say that this is my first quarterly installment of Seasonal Wishlists. At the start of each season, I will be posting a wishlist for the coming months. They can include items, but also ideas like organization and attitudes like happiness. I’m hoping that this springtime will brighten my spirits and I wish this post to inspire you and brighten your spirits as well!


Organization

Yes, my biggest wish for spring 2017 is organization. I’m looking to do some Pinterest worthy spring cleaning. I feel consistent and put together when my life around me is the same. Okay, it doesn’t always work out like that, but I like to try.

My focus for organizing this season will be my kitchen and vanity. The kitchen could benefit from - scratch that - absolutely needs a new system. My thought is to consolidate certain things into jars, like the sugar or oatmeal. That way it will be easy to access and also add a little, much needed style to the counter space.

My makeup vanity needs a facelift, as well. I brought my vanity from college into my current apartment, but it’s not quite as ornate as it was before. I think that I will be looking into some sort of system to display my small, but personally cherished collection.

Makeup

Speaking of makeup, I like to use mine as a little bit of an escape. While I have a couple highend items, I am obsessed with drugstore makeup. I have found that there are plenty of drugstore products that are comparable to highend ones. This means that when I need a little bit of a pick me up, I can take a trip to Ulta and buy a couple new things to try out without completely breaking the bank.

So this spring, I am thinking about buying a full coverage foundation for nights out and a cream contour for glowing spring looks.

 


Clothes

Unlike with new makeup, I’m not one to absorb myself in the idea of new clothes. Honestly, I usually live on only two or so pairs of jeans.

However, when I do need something, I am all about finding cheaper alternatives. I could set up camp and live out of Marshalls and TJ Maxx.

This season, I will be searching for a pair of casual sneakers on a budget. I’m on the rose gold trend, so hopefully I will be able to find some in a similar color.

Plants

This spring I will be working towards furnishing my apartment. Don’t get me wrong, we have furniture, but it doesn’t all match.

So for now, I have been buying flowers and plants to add personality and life to my space. If you couldn’t tell by now, I am all about purchases on a budget. I buy all of my greenery from Produce Junction, a wonderful place for fruits and veggies, located in parts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. They have a wide variety of greenery dirt cheap that I love to fill my home with.

How will you be spending your time this coming spring season?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest